Sightsavers has a work opportunity for the role of Programme Officer. The position is located in Accra, Ghana. It is a two-year fixed-term contract.
- Programme delivery; supporting the Senior Programme Manager through managing all aspects of the programme lifecycle with the implementation partners, from planning through to closeout. Implementing the partners activities in line with the programme guidelines and donor requirements.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning; ensuring ethical use of MEL approaches within an adaptive framework to include learning logs, actioning learning groups, using data collection tools and analysis and dissemination of performance data, for example.
- Identifying suitable partnerships for Sightsavers to work with and advocate for women with disabilities in civil society receiving equal rights and opportunities in said society. Capacity building to ensure the civil society organisations (CSOs) can sustain their approach beyond the remit of the programme.
- Building relationships with women’s rights organisations to secure secondments with the implementation partners and grow a sustainable pipeline of civil society organisations.
- Finance and resource management; through support in budget preparation, tracking and forecasting. Supporting partners to prepare budgets and forecasts, monitoring expenditure, offering technical assistance and timely submission of partner financial reports.
- Information & Communication Management; provision of high-quality information to support relevant fundraising activities, sharing relevant information with internal stakeholders to meet donor reporting requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven work experience within disability inclusion, gender and or women’s rights projects
- An advocate for women’s rights within civil society entities, ideally as a Programme Officer.
- A track record working with civil society organisations to support the successful implementation of programmes that enhance and sustain opportunities for women with disabilities.
- Familiarity with national legislation and policies in the field of disability, gender, human rights and climate change.
- Significant experience implementing programmes, ideally within the disability sector and gender
- First-class communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Current and ongoing right to work in Ghana.
How To Apply: Latest Work Opportunity At Sightsavers
Deadline: 16th February, 2024 23:59 pm GMT UK.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE