A lead specialist, Regulatory – (Finco) is needed at MTN Ghana. The position holder will be responsible for providing expert advice and managing Fintech/Financial Services legal and regulatory compliance, processes and policies. The role scope includes regulatory compliance related to current and emerging financial technology platforms and related regulatory and legal compliance.
Job Role For The Lead Specialist at MTN Ghana
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance to manage compliance and regulatory standards for Mobile Money Limited (MML).
- Develop and drive Regulatory affairs and government and stakeholder relations strategy for MML.
- Prepare terms and conditions governing MML applications pursuant to applicable laws.
- Understand the impact of potential changes driven by the local regulation, industry, marketplace, and/or legal environment and provide guidance for leadership decision making.
- Provide guidance on compliance with a range of laws, regulations, and industry rules regarding MML.
- Coordinate and research regulatory approvals and input into proposed legislation, policies, and regulations.
- Review and analyse proposed or new laws and regulations, and/or lobbying efforts relevant to the FinTech industry, consumer rights and the role of financial data aggregators, and laws that potentially implicate regulated financial institutions
- Provide guidance to MML of evolving regulatory and compliance trends in the local and global Fintech ecosystem, related impact and proactive interventions.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to position Public Relations and Communications across multiple channels for the entity.
- Renewal processes preparation including all licenses and the management of all activities related to renewal decision.
- Provide timely, concise, and business-focused legal and regulatory advice in areas including evolving Fintech and related regulations.
- Develop and drive comprehensive review and assessment of new financial products and initiatives, balancing risk and business objectives.
- Work cross-functionally and with external counsel. Keep internal stakeholders abreast of important industry consumer protection laws and other product-related regulations.
- Reporting related to scope to internal and external stakeholders and governance bodies
- Dynamic and evolving Fintech/Financial Services industry
- Multi-regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
- Public Listed Organization
- Environmental, social and governance prioritized
- Partnerships at the core of business practices
- Platform business
- Subsidiary company
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Lead and direct a strategic planning team to address and outline the future direction of an organization
- Establish strategic performance measures to allow the organization to continually assess and adjust program direction
- Explain the strategic direction of the organization to others
Qualification Required & Experience
- Professional certification (BL)
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in a similar position with at least 5 years’ experience in Government relations, Regulatory and/or stakeholder engagement function/activity at a managerial level. Experience in a regulated industry.
- Experience in defining and executing legal and regulatory affairs strategies, policies, and frameworks in a scalable/large scale Financial Services multi-country environment
- Considerable exposure and participation in negotiations and drafting of transactions documents (locally and internationally)
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise
- Legal (Corporate & Commercial law, Litigation, M&A Legal Advisory, Legal Due Diligence, Negotiation & Deal review, Legal analysis, Dispute Management, Labour & employment law, IP law & legislation)
- Excellent communication; presentation, reporting and writing skills
- Conceptual thinking
- Contract Management
- Information Management
- Legislation and Compliance
- Financial and Commercial Acumen
- Policy Design and Development
- Project Planning and Control
- Research Orientation
- Stakeholder Relations Management
- Fintech Business Savvy
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Skills / physical competencies:
- Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management and dispute resolution
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently.
- Interpersonal Skills Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, commitment
Check Also; Day Job At ARB Apex Bank
How To Apply – Lead Specialist at MTN Ghana
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number MTN-CSD-ADTRACK001) as the email subject. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com and save their CVs in their names
Closing Date: 06 June, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE