There is a Day Job At ARB Apex Bank. The Bank is inviting applications from suitably qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Security Co-ordinator – Kumasi Branch.
Job Purpose For The Day Job At ARB Apex Bank
The Assistant Security Co-ordinator, in consultation with the Security Co-ordinator, shall develop and implement safety and security policies and programmes by coordinating the safety and security of the premises, assets, staff and visitors. The applicant shall also evaluate the effectiveness of the security preparedness measures and programmes and overall physical security and safety issues of the Bank.
Under the supervision of the Security Coordinator, the Assistant Security Coordinator shall coordinate the overall security programmes and initiatives of the Bank at the Kumasi Regional office. The successful applicant shall be responsible for the following:
- Implement security policies, procedures and standards to minimise risk associated with crime, with the view to enhancing the safety of staff and customers of the Bank.
- Make recommendations to management on the revision of the security policy from time to time.
- Monitor and ensure the efficient functioning of electronic security installations, including access control systems, alarm systems, fire suppression systems and CCTV systems of the Bank.
- Develop and implement security training and awareness programmes.
- Have oversight responsibility of all security personnel at the Bank’s premises.
- Carry out risk assessments by identifying, evaluating and reporting on security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Track movement in and out of the Bank’s premises by maintaining activity logs and preparing surveillance reports.
- Support management with implementing and keeping abreast with security policies and procedures and compliance with legislations.
- Promptly investigate incidents and making recommendations to management
- Liaise with the Police and manage the deployment of adequate private security guards and armed police escorts for specie movement and guard duties.
- Institute measures for enhancing health and safety at the workplace.
- Establish and maintain professional networking with law enforcement agencies, the intelligence community and peer Banks.
- Coordinate fire prevention and control activities, including auditing of fire systems and instituting remedial measures.
Qualification And Experience
- A minimum of first degree in security related field from a recognised University, with five (5) years post qualification work experience in a State Security or Intelligence organisation, Bank or a corporate environment, law enforcement or military related field.
- A minimum grade of a Lieutenant in the Military or Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) or its equivalent in a reputable state security organisation.
Requisite Knowledge And Skills:
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to conduct incident investigations and analyse data.
- Knowledge of current security guidelines and policies in the banking sector.
- Working knowledge of electronic security installations, security protection equipment and monitoring skills.
- Working knowledge of public safety, security operations and procedures.
- Experience in monitoring public access and ensuring the security of all staff, visitors and apprehending trespassers.
- Working knowledge in responding to alarms and analysing security footages.
- Must have eye for details, as well as a high level of integrity.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and must possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must be a computer literate and have a good understanding of security systems.
How To Apply For The Day Job At ARB Apex Bank
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees, including contact telephone numbers/ e-mail addresses, should be forwarded to:
THE HEAD, FINANCE & ADMIN. DEPT.
ARB APEX BANK LTD.
P. O. BOX GP 20321
Closing date: Two (2) weeks from the date of advertisement. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Qualified Females are encouraged to apply.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE