Medifem Hospital Announces New Job Vacancy. The services of a Senior Midwife is needed. The position holder will ensure the delivery of a high standard of midwifery practice to all clients within the individual’s sphere of responsibility and competence in accordance with the Scope of Professional Midwifery Practice and hospital’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work in partnership with women to give the necessary support, care and advice during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, assist with deliveries on the midwife’s own responsibility and to provide care for the newborn and the mother.
- Perform health counseling and education not only for the woman, but also within the family and the community involving antenatal education and preparation for parenthood extending to women`s health sexual or reproduction health and child care.
- Provide professional advice and support to the other members of staff to ensure the efficient and effective use of personnel and resources.
- Take charge of the ward/section, in the absence of the in-charge Midwife for the management of the daily responsibilities, including work allocation, deployment to ensure smooth running of the area.
- Assist members of the team in planning, priority setting and decision making.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality initiatives.
- Contribute towards maintaining a safe, therapeutic and learning environment.
- Promotes a clinical environment that facilitates change and introduces innovative efficient care structures and processes that are beneficial to the mothers and the organization. Mentor junior staff and students/trainees and visiting staff.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Degree in Midwifery.
- Must have at least 5+ years previous experience in Midwifery.
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment whiles making sound decisions.
- Excellent Verbal, Written Communication and people skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and clinical assessment skills.
- Patient and compassionate.
- Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude.
- Good leadership skills; able to mentor and educate
Check Also: Massive Job Openings at New Crystal Hospital
Medifem Hospital Announces New Job Vacancy – How to Apply
Closing Date: Thursday 30th June, 2022
Note that only short-listed applicants would be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE