Here is another job vacancy for the position of a Manager, Service Desk at MTN Ghana. To Supervise and Coordinate Fibre deployment, fibre Relocation, Terminal Equipment Optimization and Adhoc Projects according to MTN Specifications, Quality standards, PPP and CPM Tool Kits.
Details of the Manager, Service Desk at MTN Ghana
- Job: Manager, Service Desk at MTN Ghana
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Accra
• Provide monitoring for the GlobalConnect internal and external customers:
• Raising tickets and communicating with end-users
• Analyse the impact of incidents and provide feedback to affected users or business area
• Provide escalation support to the team to expedite the resolution of incidents
• Ability to find/explore workaround solutions for exceptions not covered in the initial configurations of the systems
• Incident tracking and major incident management
• Produce monthly SLA reports on support issues, correspondent status, aging & blocking factors
• Ensure customer service performance and communications are up to standards
• Support the monitoring deployment of new customer connectivity within project timelines
• Required to, manage workloads, and prioritize work across the team as well as develop the service delivery organization within Kenya.
• Responsible for resource optimization across the organization.
• Oversee and Manage team performance and productivity
• Definition of Monitoring strategies, plans, policies, projects and service levels.
• Spearhead cross-functional engagements for service delivery improvement.
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. This function must therefore ensure successful delivery in the context of:
• MTN positioning as the best connectivity provider in Africa and the Middle East
• Drive commercial excellence and support all internal and external sales
• Operating within a highly interconnected international telecommunications community
• MTN’s decision to centralize the wholesaling of global and local infrastructure assets
• The geographic complexity of MTN’s footprint across Africa and the Middle East
• Enhancing MTN’s position as a leading network and system provider
• Constant dynamics and local challenges in economic, regulatory and legal environments
• Aggregate and balance connectivity requirements across multiple diverse operating units
• Varied physical transport and delivery systems (satellite, submarine cable, signaling gateways, switching platforms, IP routers)
• Successful planning and deployment subject to multiple regulatory regimes across diverse jurisdictions and cultures
• Ensuring systems stability & performance are up to standards
• Responsibility to keep track of global technological advancements and stay abreast of standardization work of relevant industry bodies
• Achievement of operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale and common processes
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum 4-year Academic Degree (Engineering/Computer Science/ Business)
• Fluent in English and language of country preferable
• Minimum of 5 years experience
• Strong IT background in Telco environment
• Good understanding of the telecommunication industry – especially wholesale carrier services is desirable
• Experience in a similar role
• Good knowledge of the OSS and BSS system architectures
• Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to identify key issues in a situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges
• Ability to provide direction and leadership towards multiple business units within the organization
• Maturity to handle ambiguity and adapt to the dynamic environment
• Strong technical and analytical skills
Physical Skills/ Competencies:
• Regional and international travel
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements of business and staff members
• Excellent Interpersonal and technical skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
How To Apply For The Manager, Service Desk at MTN Ghana
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the title of the role as the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 29 April, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE