GBfoods has excellent employment opportunities for anyone that is interested. There are three available positions for Junior Agronomists. This position is in Kwahu South, Ghana.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Agronomic management and land improvement to produce tomatoes and other crops of interest.
- Localization of inputs for all agronomic production processes
- Develop a plan for soil/land development and improvement to enhance crop yield.
- Develop clear plans for managing the tomato farm, including a harvesting plan.
- Develop and supervise execution of Good Agronomic Practices (fertilizer, pesticide, weed control, irrigation regime, etc.)
- Develop and supervise the execution of seeding plan and ensure proper management in the germination room to achieve optimum germination.
- Design plans for the management and expansion of greenhouse for adequate seedling production and appropriate greenhouse irrigation systems installation
- Develop clear plans/strategies to maximize/increase output of tomato per unit area.
- Develop agronomic trials to address the improvement of tomato yield, minimize the effect of diseases, weed and soil-related problems, and minimise cost.
- Source locally for inputs (fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, manure etc.) suitable for best practices of tomato production and cover crops based on planned activities.
- Supervise and build the capacity of Associate agronomists and other support staff on tomato and cover crop production.
Check Also: Full-Time Job At Bosch Africa
Academic and Technical Requirements
- BSc. /M.Sc. in Agronomy, Crop Protection, Soil Science or other related course
- Have minimum of 5 – 7year experience in agronomy or related fields with relevant field experience
- Understand Ghanaian agro-ecologies and crop production patterns.
- Have knowledge and experience in field experimentation and data collection/analysis.
- Good knowledge of regenerative agricultural/sustainability
- Sound knowledge of tomato nutrients requirement
- Crop-water requirement for arable crop in the tropical environment
- Agricultural land improvement techniques
- Crop protection strategies
- Adequate knowledge of drip irrigation technology and system maintenance
- Good knowledge of GAP for major tropical crops
Latest Job Openings:
Application Process For GBfoods Africa’s Jobs
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE