There is a New Job Opportunity At Old Mutual. The company is hiring and Internal Control Specialist. This role is individually accountable for developing and maintaining a strong internal control environment, supporting management to ensure internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with OML Group standards. The incumbent is expected to bring innovative solutions to management to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment.
- Work with various functional personnel to ensure that internal controls are adequately designed, monitored, and strengthened to mitigate company risks.
- Develop and maintain internal control documentation and related processes to ensure compliance with control framework.
- Coordinate with internal & external audit and assist in the timely closure of any identified improvement opportunities.
- Recognize the impact of major external or internal changes to the control environment, conduct ongoing reviews, document, and report findings to management with recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in cross functional groups to implement or enhance controls based on organizational transformations.
- Bring a systematic and disciplined approach to maintain the control environment.
- Assist with automating controls and testing where appropriate.
- Roll out policies and ensures they are complied with.
- Identify applicable legislation and analyses the impact thereof on the BU and apply this to BU processes and procedures
- Compile monthly reports (standing reports) on issues identified and report on actions taken to rectify the problem.
- Interact with senior management on compliance and legislative developments that may influence the company direction.
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders.
- Business Awareness
- Technical Knowledge
- Initiating Action
- Decision Making
Qualification And Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Actuarial science, Mathematics/Statistics, Risk Management, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Audit, Risk, compliance, and /or enterprise risk management function.
- Working Knowledge of Life Insurance business preferred.
- Candidates must be well-versed with the applicable industry regulations.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite and MS Visio experience.
Check Also: New Job Posting At Old Mutual
How To Apply For The New Job Update At Old Mutual
Closing Date: 16th June, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE