World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is seeking to hire a Project Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the NBS Project Coordinator with technical, programmatic, and administrative assistance.
- ELIGIBILITY: Local National, must be legally entitled to work in Ghana
- REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator
- CONTRACT TERM: 2 years
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position Open Until Filled
- EXPECTED START DATE: July 20, 2023
The NBS Project
- The overall focus of the Nature-based Solutions (NBS) in the Guinean Forests of West Africa (NBS West Africa) project will be on engaging with a wide range of stakeholders to develop local and regional capacity to use evidence and engage with women and marginalized groups to prioritize locally relevant NBS to climate change adaptation. It will take a systems approach to supporting climate adaptation through interventions that plan for, pilot and scale nature based-solutions (NBS) to climate adaptation that contribute to enhanced biodiversity and gender equality.
- An overall assumption is that restoration and reforestation of degraded forests, both on and off farm, will be critical to supporting women and their communities to adapt to climate change challenges and will be central to protecting and restoring biodiversity in this critical global hotspot.
- The project will work in close collaboration with consortium member CECI, and with the IUCN, CIFOR-ICRAF and the University of Guelph. Key local stakeholders include local and national government bodies, regional institutions, private sector, women’s groups, and environmental organizations.
- This initiative builds on WUSC’s and CECI’s decades of experience supporting vulnerable populations and leverages the experience of a variety of local and international partners who bring a strong climate NbS lens, are fully immersed in their respective ecosystems and whose work can be accelerated by this project. This project is a timely intervention to ensure Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire and Guinée continue to effectively address climate adaptation while incorporating Nature based Solutions and strong gender lenses.
Nature and Scope
- The Project Assistant is responsible for supporting the NBS Project Coordinator with technical, programmatic, and administrative assistance.
- The Project Assistant serves as the project’s consistent link to activities, and provides the day-to-day support to the Project Coordinator in problem solving, technical input, writing and editing, and coordination that the Project’s field activities require.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in international development and enjoy supporting local development actors to lead change.
- Undertake a range of administrative duties and tasks that may reflect substantial variety and complexity;
- Support to plan, design and deliver project activities.
- Coordinating logistics for execution of project activities
- Communicating with stakeholders within directives issued by the project coordinator
- Organizing meetings with project stakeholders
- Participating in monitoring of the project’s progress
- Tracking and keeping records of the ongoing project activities
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Public Administration, Business Administration or a relevant field is required;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the development sector, including experience working alongside and championing local development actors;
- Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, strong writing skills, excellent time management and interpersonal skills, and be dedicated to promoting global grassroots development;
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-cultural, diverse and complex work environment;
- Ability to work as part of an international team in a participatory manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language – both written and orally;
- Willingness to travel.
How To Apply For The Project Assistant At World University Service of Canada (WUSC)
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit an application via https://forms.gle/2ykRuo3oGVrcg5As7
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference for youth around the world.
We believe youth have the potential to provide for their families, build strong communities, and create positive social change for future generations. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, employment and empowerment.
WUSC is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE