A Project Manager is needed At International Telecommunication Union.
Responsibilities: Project Manager At International Telecommunication Union
Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Lead, implement and deliver all project outputs and outcomes on
time, within budget and of high standards and quality.
- Provide specialized advice on critical technology, international standards and frameworks, especially in their gender and social implications.
• Identify, design, prepare, organize, and implement meetings, trainings, and workshops to regulators, policy and law makers, and other stakeholders concerning critical technologies, particularly Al, and their gender and social implications.
- Develop detailed project implementation plans for the
implementation of all activities, including project sustainability
arrangements, and promotion strategies as well as staffing (short
term technical experts) for each phase of the project.
- Draft terms of reference, manage, monitor, supervise, and evaluate experts and team and ensure the timely provision of their
- Build and maintain relationships with those involved in project
- implementation (government focal points, FAT, and other stakeholders) as well as ITU professionals in the Region and HQs, and coordinate the mobilization of the required regional
- Provide support for the effective management of the IT project
budget and prepare revisions as required and upon annual receipt
of funding allocations for the project.
- Identify, solicit, and create network of female policy makers, regulators and delegates in Southeast Asia and share good practices and lessons learned as well as coordination and
- Prepare reports and status updates and maintain country related
data for the target countries, including all grant agreement
reporting requirements and monitoring and evaluation data
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Advanced university degree in engineering, information technology, information systems, economics, social sciences, project management, or a related field OR education from a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of the fields above. For internal candidates, a first university degree in one of the fields above in combination with ten years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree for promotion or rotation purposes. Certification in project management would be an advantage.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing projects/programmes in the context of international development, including at least three at the international level. A Doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for three years of working experience. Proven experience in budget, scope and time management and risk management. Experience of gender and social implications of critical technologies, including Artificial Intelligence, in the Southeast Asia region, would be an advantage. Knowledge and experience of the standardization ecosystem in the Southeast Asia region would be an advantage. Experience creating a regional stakeholder network would be an advantage. Previous work experience implementing DFAT-funded programmes/projects would be an advantage. Related work experience in Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, and/or Indonesia would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provision of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.) Knowledge of Thai, Bahasa Malay, Bahasa Indonesia, or Tagalog would be an Advantage
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
Annual salary from $ 73,516 + post adjustment $ 33,744
How To Apply – Project Manager At International Telecommunication Union
Closing Date: 30th May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE