The services of a Senior Gender Economist is needed At ACET.
Roles and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Senior Gender Economist will:
- Be the principal resource person on gender issues, practices and policies relevant to the project context and activities
- Provide high quality analysis and advice on the gender implications of ACET’s policy recommendations
- Provide training to ACET research teams on how to monitor and assess gender impacts of policy actions across program verticals
- Work with ACET partner policy institutes and support them to do gender analysis where necessary
- Training and development of ACET colleagues and coach/mentor junior staff to build technical expertise
- Provide a range of analytical, advisory and related services to ACET with respect to the gender dimensions of development
- Work with the fundraising team to raise funds for the gender portfolio
- serves as ACET’s spokesperson on Gender at various forums and with the media
- Draft inputs to strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Gender Statistics
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time in support of ACET’s mission
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Master’s degree in gender economics or a related discipline (development studies, political science, sociology, etc.)
- Minimum of 8 years of post-master’s experience conducting research and evaluation on gender economics. Experience of doing this in Africa will be an asset. Africa regional experience will be a plus
- Previous experience working on gender equality and/or equity policy in Africa. An understanding of economic transformation will be an ACET.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven skills in research and analysis – demonstrable track record with undertaking desk research, literature reviews, and consolidating findings
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex information in written papers, reports, presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels and from different cultures
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
FOR MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES, CLICK HERE
How To Apply For Senior Gender Economist At ACET
Closing Date: Thursday, June 30, 2022.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE