Here is the General Security Notice to all KNUST Freshmen and Continuing Students for the 2022/2023 academic year.
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) administration has given students safety guidance by describing general security measures and guidelines on campus.
General Security Notice to All KNUST Freshmen and Continuing Students
Below are the KNUST security tips released by the Security Unit of the University:
- Always lock your doors even if you will be away for a few minutes.
- Do not keep your door keys under door mats, flowerpots or in an unsafe location. It is better to deposit your keys at the Hall Assistants’ lodge for safekeeping.
- Don’t entrust your valuables in the hands of people you do not know.
- Always walk in pairs or in groups to reduce your vulnerability to attacks.
- Avoid walking in the dark or near bushy and isolated areas whether well-lit or not.
- Do not listen to prophecies from strangers as you might be defrauded by them.
- Avoid talking to strangers or engaging them in a conversation.
- Direct strangers to security officers or a recognized University staff.
- Always secure your valuables and electronic gadgets eg. jewellery, money, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc. before sleeping or going out.
- Avoid isolated bus stops on and off-campus and board only KNUST campus embossed taxicabs or shuttles to reduce your vulnerability to attacks.
- If not sure of the identity of the driver and passengers on board in commercial, ride-hailing vehicles and taxicabs, decline the service.
- Always keep your valuables intact in your bag or wallet and hold them throughout the journey when on board vehicles.
- Report all crimes at the Security Offices and seek assistance from any Security Officer near you.
How To Reach KNUST Security Services
KNUST SECURITY HOTLINES
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE