You can now apply for the Latest Job Advert At Innovations For Poverty Action (IPA). The service of a Research Associate is needed. The position will report to the Associate Research Manager. The length of commitment is from a year to two (renewable).
IPA seeks qualified applicants to fill the role of Research Associate for a research project to be based in Tamale, with frequent travel to remote field locations within Ghana. A Research Associate at IPA is generally in charge of one specific long-term research project, which can be related to various sectors, including education, financial inclusion, public health and agriculture.
Check Also: Send West Africa Job Opening
The RA will ensure compliance to research ethics, assist the Principal Investigators in the design of survey instruments, coordinate surveyor training and surveying activities, be responsible for the collection of high-quality data, and perform data management duties. S/he will also manage recruitment and finances for surveying and evaluation activities.
In particular, the RA will:
- Plan, conduct and lead research project activities, including training field staff, team planning and logistics, and data collection;
- Conduct pilot survey exercises, provide feedback on field operations and survey instruments, and refine and finalize survey instruments in collaboration with the Principal Investigators;
- Provide quality control during the data collection and cleaning processes, and assist in preparing preliminary analysis;
- Ensure that research data and outputs are stored confidentially and systematically;
- Assist in the preparation of research reports, briefs and other documents for management, the Principal Investigators, donors and other external parties;
- Ensure close collaboration with implementing partners and other high-level stakeholders involved with the project;
- Create annual project plans;
- Manage short term staff recruitment, contract preparation, training, management and
- evaluation of field staff;
- Assist in the enforcement of all IPA Ghana human resources and security policies;
- Develop and monitor activity-specific budgets for the project;
- Work with IPA Ghana’s Finance Team to keep detailed records of all project activities and
- establish systems to ensure the efficient disbursement and reconciliation of project funds;
- Perform other work-related duties that may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Agriculture, Development studies or related field. A Masters degree is preferred;
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English and the ability to draft reports is essential;
- At least two years of experience in project management, preferably in relation to supervising, designing, and implementing data collection and/or fieldwork activities, and managing teams of field staff.
- The ability to outline project objectives and to plan work in a structured and systematic manner in alignment with stated objectives, assessing progress and making changes to project plans to reflect changing timelines and field realities;
- Quantitative data processing and analysis skills. Knowledge of STATA is preferred;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, including the Principal Investigators, the IPA Ghana management team, implementing partners, government officials, and field staff;
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting and financial management;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse team and high-level stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines, often with limited supervision;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience in education, financial inclusion, agriculture and public health research is a plus.
- Authorized to work in Ghana
How To Submit An Application For IPA’s Latest Job Advert
Please fill out the online application form Here
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidates are found.
- Your CV is required to complete the application form.
- Incomplete applications or applications not completed through the web-form will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, IPA only contacts shortlisted candidates.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE