An Anti corruption/Accountability Specialist/Deputy Chief of Party is needed At Care Ghana. CARE Ghana seeks a governance expert to serve as Anti corruption/Accountability Specialist/Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) on the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Performance Accountability Activity (GPAA). This project aims to strengthen civil society oversight of and feedback into local government performance in public service delivery and to support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party (COP) in all programmatic and administrative areas. They will lead and provide technical expertise in programming public participation and anti-corruption activities as well as coordinating the program’s work with beneficiaries. In collaboration with the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for the successful performance of the project as defined in the program’s statement of work.
This activity will be a five-year, $17.5M program.
This position is pending donor approval and funding. Ghanaian candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical leadership on all project-related public participation and anti-corruption activities. Support the COP in ensuring programmatic quality, efficiency and results.
- Coordinate technical inputs on project activities. Hire and supervise technical staff, perform quality control, and ensure appropriate collaboration with partner project teams.
- Oversee fulfillment of all contract deliverables including technical and administrative reports.
- Manage and supervise the work of project team members, subcontractors, and expert consultants to achieve relevant project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation of designated activities.
- Promote a team approach that emphasizes high-level performance, creative approaches, adaptive feedback and achievement of project goals in a cooperative, collegial atmosphere.
- Support the COP in all management aspects of the project and represent the program in the COP’s absence to key national, sub-national, and international partners.
- Oversee budget implementation and financial management as needed.
- Ensure project activities comply with donor regulations, project management policies, and CARE Ghana rules and regulations.
- Create management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Master’s degree in project management, public financial management, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in social accountability and public administration, four years in a managerial or team leader capacity.
- Substantial technical expertise in anti-corruption reforms working with governmental and non-governmental institutions, especially at the sub-national level.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing effective accountability, transparency, public oversight, social audit, and anti-corruption approaches.
- Experience working on CSO capacity building preferred.
- English fluency required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ghana governance and public administration sector, including prior DCOP, Program Director, or similar managerial experience.
- Familiarity with the landscape of Ghana CSOs and prior experience working with CSOs on public campaigns, advocacy or policy initiatives.
- Specific understanding of the USAID Democracy, Rights and Governance Strategy, and DRG goals under the Ghana Country Development Cooperation Strategy preferred.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage staff.
- Ability to manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage project operations.
Location: Accra, Ghana
Anti corruption/Accountability Specialist/Deputy Chief of Party At Care Ghana – How To Apply
Closing Date: 20th June, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE