The service of a District Coordinator is needed (IPADEV) At Plan International.
- Facilitates and supervises project activities in the schools, health centers and communities in the 10 IPADEV communities in the District.
- Works with key partners to ensure assigned communities achieve ODF status
- Coordinate robust analysis and understanding of Health, WASH and Education policy and political contexts in which IPADEV project will work in each District.
Check Also: Job Advert At Tony Blair Institute
- Coordinates the implementation of IPADEV Gender Equality and Influencing Strategy which aims to ensure key partners have the tools, skills and capacities to fulfil core WASH gender standards across the beneficiary regions
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of progress reports relating to the implementation of the Gender and Influencing strategy on WASH
- Works with the IPADEV team to regularly review and evaluate project activities and shares lessons learnt with Project Manager.
- Coordinates monitoring and supervision support for the District, Water and Sanitation, Ghana Education Service, Ghana health service and Environmental health Teams at the District.
- Contributes to the collection and documentation of best practices and lessons learnt from project implementation and to disseminate results to local stakeholders according to Plan International Ghana guidelines.
- Undertakes regular field visit to project communities to provide technical support to Natural leaders, Caregivers, Teachers, Water and sanitation committees, opinion leaders, NGOs/CSO’s, etc.
- Works with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to adapt and develop practical tools and procedures to facilitate project monitoring and manage decision-making.
- Assists the Project Manager to prepare progress reports.
- Provides support to training of the Natural Leaders/WSMT members to update and adapt IPADEV concept.
- Establishes close collaboration with District Assembly, GHS, GES, EHSD, DWST and other NGOs in the district.
- Ensures that the project is accountable to all relevant stakeholders, by making program results and information readily available.
- Participates in project review meetings, workshops and training. When required, prepares and makes presentations at meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the achievement of organizational goals.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social science, planning, environmental science, Gender& Development, demography or a related field;
- Minimum of three years experience in similar position within NGO’s or Government institutions/programmes at the local level;
- At least 3 years experience in an international organization similar to Plan.
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
- Demonstrated ability to implement, monitor and evaluate programs;
- Knowledge of the Water and Environmental Sanitation field is key;
- Demonstrated ability to process information in an orderly and organized style;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Working under pressure;
- Communicates clearly and effectively;
- Develops winning grants proposals;
- Works in a participative community approach.
How To Submit An Application For District Coordinator (IPADEV) – Plan
To apply, click on this Link
Deadline: 14th December, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE