Green for Change Ghana (GCG) is a registered environmental non-governmental organization focused on combatting climate change through reductions in anthropogenic activities for the benefit of humankind. The mission of the organization is to develop community-based approaches that are friendly and beneficial to community members towards addressing issues of climate change whilst protecting and conserving natural resources, ecosystems, and the environment at large.
As a conservation-oriented organization, we are committed to working with communities and initiating programs that benefit both communities and the environment. These include providing practical conservation interventions aimed at contributing to the sustainable management of important ecological habitats and strengthening the capacity of communities to be resilient and adapt to current trends in climate change and other environmental threats.
The position of a finance and admin officer is currently available at Green for Change Ghana
Read on: Latest Job Vacancy At CARE
Green for Change Ghana in partnership with Ranas Ltd. (a Switzerland-based company with expertise in behaviour change) has received partial funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Audemars Watkins Foundation (AWF) to implement a scientific research project named “Addressing Behavioral Barriers Associated with Tree Planting (ABBAT)”. The initiative aims at exploring the psychosocial and cultural barriers associated with tree planting and forest protection within the Mole Landscape and developing effective solutions for addressing them. The project will be implemented in three (3) districts: West Gonja, Sawla/Tuna/Kalba, and Wa East.
Job Location: Damongo, Savannah region
About the Position
The position holder will support the establishment, operation, and maintenance of good financial systems and controls. In addition, he/she supports the conduct and management of audits, prepares donor and operational budgets, and facilitates procurements. He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures in line with organizational policies and principles.
- Prepare balance sheets and other reports as may be required.
- Process invoices in support of payments as may be required.
- Review/record accounts payable and accounts receivable in line with organizational policies, and standards.
- Manage petty cash.
- Ensure that timesheets are filed by each employee and submitted every month.
- In charge of all accounting transactions, i.e.: payroll payment, payment to subcontractors and consultants, payment to suppliers, processing of travel advances, and settlement of travel expenses.
- Ensure that disbursements/payments are correctly calculated and made in accordance with the internal rules and policies.
- In charge of recording all payments and transactions in the financial system and closing monthly accounts according to the guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that travel expense reports are prepared by employees within the established period, completed correctly and that travel expenses are reconciled according to the procedures and policies established by Green for Change Ghana.
- Keep up-date inventory and asset register of all equipment and tools of the organization.
- Confidentially handle payroll payments, taxes, insurance, and any other payments to the local authorities for taxes and others.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, or financial management with at least 2 years of experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of local tax and withholding laws for domestic employees.
- A solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience in using financial software like QuickBooks, etc
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial and tax regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
How To Apply For The Finance and Admin Officer Position At Green for Change Ghana
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their Cover letter and CV documents in a single document in PDF only with three (3) professional referees to email@example.com with the subject heading “Finance and Admin Officer.”
Closing Date: 11:59 pm GMT, August 25, 2023.
NB: Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE