Here is the latest job vacancy at CARE.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated and innovative Gender Specialist – Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project.
The GROWING project is part of a consortium led by the International Potato Centre and in collaboration with Ghana Health Service, the Women in Agriculture Development Directorate and District Directorates of Agriculture. The project is funded by Global Affairs Canada and will run for 4.5 years starting from March 2022. We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
See Also: Job Opportunity At Vodafone Ghana
The Project Gender Specialist (GS) has responsibility for the quality of gender integration in the project and will recommend adjustments to project activities, systems, processes, and strategies in order to align with CARE’s gender equality and women’s voice standards and donor requirements.
S/He is directly responsible for the design of interventions that support creating an enabling environment, including gender norms and roles, so that key gender inequities are addressed and more appropriate practices initiated to ensure more equitable outcomes for women, men, girls and boys. S/He ensures that the GROWING Project integrates gender themes throughout its intervention activities, partnership approach, M&E systems, and documentation.
The Gender Specialist will report directly to the GROWING Project Manager; and will be based in the Tamale Sub-office and covers project implementation in six project districts in the Northern, North East and Savannah Regions.
Read On: Job Opportunity At Barry Callebaut
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Develop the Scope of Work for the gender analysis at project start-up, including consultant TOR(s) (if/as appropriate) and project staff participation.
- Manage primary data collection activities such as conducting interviews, leading focus groups, or conducting surveys.
- Develop a gender strategy for the project that articulates the systems and processes necessary for continuous review and improvement of activities in alignment with CARE’s commitment to gender equality.
- Provide capacity building, coaching and mentoring of staff and local partners.
- Technical training on gender integration and project-specific issues/approaches.
- Gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation.
- Support the design of M&E tools for gender indicators and monitoring for negative impacts and program risks.
Required Skills or Experience
Good knowledge in conducting gender analysis and using the results for planning.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in implementing gender transformative/women empowerment programming in the agriculture/food security sector.
- Training and experience in gender/women empowerment programming
- Experience in designing and implementing highly effective and efficient gender transformative programming.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical and programmatic support in gender.
- Proven strong facilitation and capacity development skills and experience in participatory approaches.
- Social skills, inclusive leadership skills, creativity and innovative mindset.
- Good understanding of socio-economic; socio-cultural issues in Northern Ghana.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver.
- Excellent writing, presentation and reporting skills.
- Computer skills including MS Word, MS excel and Power Point.
- Ability to manage partnerships and relationships with peer organizations.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (Gender, Development Studies, Social Science) “or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Master’s Degree in any of the above relevant fields.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gender Specialist Application” in the subject line.
The submission deadline is Friday, 25 August 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE