A Head, Document Management and Interpretation is needed At ITU.
How to write a good CV for a job application
Job Vacancies At Kasapreko Company Limited, May 2022
Under the supervision of the Chief, Conferences and Publications Department (C&P), the Head of Document Management and Interpretation Division, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Lead the Document Management and Interpretation Division overseeing the activities of its Services, their strategic direction and provide solutions for timely delivery of language services as per C&P mandate. Provide expert advice to the Office of the Chief of the Conferences and Publications Department in all matters concerning the activities of the Division.
- Build the relationships with internal stakeholders – particularly in view of overall ITU demand for language services and the related strategic decisions, as well as with external stakeholders. Act as main ITU spokesperson for the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), the International Association of Conference Translators (AITC) and other relevant stakeholders. Negotiate terms and conditions as necessary, keeping abreast of all modalities and obligations, in collaboration with LAU, in order to provide expert advice and strategic direction to the Chief of C&P and ITU high level management.
- Lead innovation in language services, including machine translation and remote solutions for interpretation. Develop strategic and implementation plans for advancing new information technology applications in the work of the Department. Develop C&P Advisory capacity on emerging trends in document management and language services. Oversee cross-agency and inter-sectoral projects on knowledge sharing, testing, and piloting of new technologies. Negotiate with DGACM and other UN entities, the acquisition of UN-wide translation tools such as eLUNa and the document management system gDoc and the corresponding Service Level Agreements. Implement for the ITU and formulate the priorities of medium and long-term priorities.
- Build and maintain contacts with government officials, other UN and inter-governmental agencies, non- governmental organizations, diplomatic missions, among others, on the issues concerning the activities of the Division, ensuring appropriate collaboration and represent the ITU in these discussions of information both within and outside the UN system. Participate and represent C&P in meetings (internally and externally) and provide substantive information and data for official reports concerning the language services (such as Reports to the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference, ITU Council, Council Working Groups, JIU reports, among others).
- Lead all commercial procurement activities as needed by the Department, identifying the needs, terms of reference, business requirements and evaluation procedures for any calls for bids relating to the language services (such as translation companies, translation search engines, platforms, and other tools).
- Determine priorities and allocate human and financial resources for the timely and quality delivery of work of the Division, prepare and implement work plans, evaluate, monitor and follow-up on operational performance of staff and services under his/her supervision. Plan the human resources and their development for the Division.
- Oversee the creation of guidelines, procedures, and strategies for the language services. Keep abreast of new developments and best practices; provide advice and reassess on an on-going basis the functioning of the of services in order to make the Department more resilient in response to external shocks such as COVID-19.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Chief of the Department.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Advanced university degree in communication, political or social sciences, public or international relations, business administration, management, or a related field OR education from a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of the fields above. For internal candidates, a first university degree in one of the fields above in combination with fifteen years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree for promotion or rotation purposes.
- At least ten years of progressively responsible experience in strategic communications and effective utilization of digital platforms, providing strategic advice at executive level, and in the other fields of activity of the post including at least five at the international level. A doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for three years of working experience. Excellent knowledge of how ITU’s work would be considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
Annual salary from $ 88,162 + post adjustment $ 72,028
How To Apply – Head, Document Management and Interpretation At ITU
Closing Date: 13th June, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE