The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
GIZ has a new employment opportunity for a junior finance specialist.
- A key element of national development agenda of Ghana is creating new and better jobs for a growing young generation.
- The intervention of areas of the Sustainable Economic Development in Ghana (PSED) program: Support to the reform in the
Technical Vocational Training sector (TVET), Financial System Development (FSD), implementation of Migration and Employment Promotion (MEP) and support for digitization (DIGIT) contribute to this endeavor by improving the conditions for creation of decent and productive employment.
See Also: Latest Job Vacancy At British Council
Scope of Role:
The Junior Finance Specialist will be responsible for providing support in ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with.
- Ensures that information is exchanged between project/programme staff, partners, and other institutions.
- Supports the preparation of internal controls and external audits.
- Responsible for cash based on the vouchers collected daily and reconciles the cash book and cash account daily.
- Supports in administering and maintaining the filing system according to GIZ procedures and adherence to confidentiality.
- Supports in the preparation of business trips, arrange national flights, conferences, and workshops (national/international)
• Carries out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software, balancing both books periodically, always prepared for both regular and unannounced cash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
• Reports without delay, to the person responsible for accounting & finance, all problems in financial administration and compliance with
Qualification Required & Experience
- University Degree in BSc Accounting, Finance, or similar area
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience with a focus on accounting and administration.
- Good working experience in IT-based accounting programs
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS office)
- Strong command of the English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Good interpersonal, management and communication skills
- Rendering result-oriented performance
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply For The Junior Finance Specialist Position At GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/NEID-FA/22/09 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 06 October, 2023
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE