The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
GIZ has an opening for a Technical Advisor (TVET).
The project is supporting the Ministry of Energy in Ghana in improving the financial sustainability of the energy sector and the framework conditions for promoting investments in renewable energies and energy efficiency and aims at strengthening the Ghanaian climate goals and sustainable and inclusive economic development.
Scope of Role:
This position deals with the prerequisites for successful transition of the target groups into initial and continuing vocational training and (self-)employment.
It provides advice on practicable approaches for attracting suitable participants for vocational qualification courses and programmes
- Assisting project initiatives about successful transitions of the target group into initial and continuing vocational training and (self-)employment
- Developing gender-sensitive approaches and campaigns to promote access to demand-driven education and training for renewable energy and energy efficiency and helps to implement a pilot campaign to increase the attractiveness of the profession of solar technician for girls and women
- Designing, planning and implementing measures to promote the transition from education and training to productive self-employment or employment in cooperation with relevant stakeholders
- Supporting the development of further training courses in close cooperation with relevant representatives from the private sector, stakeholders, private and public vocational training actors
- Supporting cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assist with PR work and cooperating with relevant organizations, agencies and individuals in the project environment
- Ensuring knowledge transfer of project information
- Developing and revising ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- Assisting with general project planning and developing project concepts including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s Degree (MSc, MA) in an area related to the project objectives (education, vocational training, electrical/electronic engineering, economics, business administration, advisory services in education with a focus on TVET)
- 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Professional experience in international cooperation
- Experience in gender-related issues and women empowerment would be a great asset
- Experience in the renewable energy (e.g. solar PV) and energy efficiency sector is a great asset
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet), especially MS Outlook and MS Teams, and computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset
How To Apply For The Technical Advisor (TVET) Position At GIZ
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/SE4C-TVET-TA/22/09 in the subject line.
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 06 October, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.