There is a latest job vacancy At Unilever. The service of a Fixed Assets Accountant, Ghana/ CDI is currently Needed at Unilever Ghana.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job:
- As a member of the Finance Function, you are responsible for ensuring that depreciation charge for the period is captured in the general ledger for every month of the year.
- You are also to ensure that Capex for the acquisition of assets are properly authorised & approved. You would also pull together commercial case for projects that requires it.
- Your role is also to track all capital work-in progress and ensure that completed projects are duly capitalised every quarter to reflect the asset position of the business.
- You are to identify idle assets in the business and initiate action for provision and subsequent disposal.
- You would also ensure that the Fixed Asset Register is clean by carrying out Assets Physical Verification exercise of highlight redundant & obsolete asset for subsequent approval for disposal
- Your role would also carry out post mortem appraisal for all Capex above the specified benchmark
Depreciation charge for every month.
- Calculate depreciation and upload; input the depreciation codes and then post to the relevant Business ERP
- Check to ensure it agrees with local output and have it signed off.
- Reconcile year-to-date depreciation on the relevant Business ERPs and GL
- Confirm the amount to be accrued by contract with Treasury
- Match actual payment to accrued amount and write-back any over or under accrual to the ledger
- Reconcile the account and highlight any overpayment or double payment being done on each contract.
- Ensure Capex raised is within approved budget.
- Do commercial case for all capexes that requires it
- Send for Approval by two Exco members and the CEO.
- Track all expenditure for each project by using the Capex unique number for all payments within the Ledger.
- Prompt for overspent where it’s exceeding approved overspend percentages
- Initiate and extract all expenditure on all completed projects to project manager for capitalisation process.
- Post to the ledger capitalised projects by class of asset. Then do the same in the relevant Business ERP by detail asset item and by class of asset. Ensure all journals are duly approved
Job Location: Accra, Ghana
How To Submit An Application For latest job vacancy At Unilever
To send an online application, Tap Here
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE