Underground Mining Alliance seeks to employ qualified and experienced persons as a Light Vehicle (Auto) Mechanic. These are Obuasi-based Fixed Term Contract position with a competitive work roster at its operation in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidate.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
- Repair and maintenance of light fleet vehicles, light machinery, minor and associated equipment to meet specified standards, timeframes and in the most cost-effective manner according to maintenance schedules.
- To operate equipment efficiently and safely to ensure satisfactory completion of assigned duties
- Assure quality of work is performed to a high standard in accordance with expected standards.
- Perform all functions included in the above duties and responsibilities with due regard to the health, safety and the environment
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of three (1) years hands-on experience in the light fleet vehicle mechanical field and in a mechanized mine operating Underground Haulage equipment.
- Recognized Auto Mechanical Trade Certificate through a recognized apprenticeship or institution or Minerals Commission (MINCOM) Certification.
- Underground mining experience will be an added advantage.
- Positive attitude & ability to work independently with a proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to learn and achieve.
- Ability to workday and night rotation
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good hands-on knowledge of auto mechanical systems.
How To Apply For The Light Vehicle (Auto) Mechanic at Underground Mining Alliance
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position as the Subject Matter before or on 20th October 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, and all applications should be sent via the above-stated e-mail address.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE