Kintampo Health Research Centre is seeking to hire a medical laboratory assistant to undertake laboratory and research data collection activities.
- Reporting Line: Reporting to the Director, KHRC through the Head of Laboratory
Brief Job Description
- To undertake laboratory and research data collection activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- At least ONE (1) year of experience at a recognized medical laboratory facility.
- Perform tests and procedures as laid down in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Undertake analytical tasks within tight turnaround times
- Follow prescribed procedures and exercise a personal duty of care in maintaining all equipment and facilities in good order.
- Carry out appropriate quality checks as required and complete quality record forms as required.
- Collection of samples from research study participants.
- Ensuring that the temperature of samples are maintained in according with SOP
- Collecting, entering and reviewing field related data of research study participants.
- Undertake any other duties or responsibilities as may be directed by the head of facility.
- May not necessarily require staying at the laboratory at all times.
Required Skills or Experience
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent.
- Licensed by the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC)
Experience skills and attributes
- At least ONE (1) year period of internship at a recognized medical laboratory facility.
- General knowledge and practical analytical skills in Microbiology, Haematology, Chemical Pathology, Microscopy.
- Ability to manage laboratory techniques.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance Issues.
- Excellent manual dexterity, accurate practical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Very good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to train others on standard operational procedures.
- Competence in word processing and use of spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a methodological approach to work.
- Ability for team work, good organization and self-motivation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
How To Apply For The Medical Laboratory Assistant Position At Kintampo Health Research Centre
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter and relevant certificates as well as allied health pin in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document or pdf) confirming his/her suitability for the job from 27thth July, 2023 to 3rd August, 2023.
The link for the application is https://kintampo-hrc.org/khrc_employment/ , only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails and mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as two (2) professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE