There is a New Career Opportunity At FAO. The company is in needed of a FAO- GEF Programming Specialist.
FAO is a specialized technical UN Agency, bringing unique technical knowledge, information and capacity to bear on one of the world’s great challenges: feeding 9 billion people while conserving the environment.
- Supporting design teams of project concepts in the pipeline, by providing substantive guidance, securing alignment with national priorities of recipient countries, FAO´s Strategic Objectives, and programme priorities and operational procedures of GEF and LDCF/SCCF;
- Participating in scoping and project formulation missions;
- Identifying and sourcing of technical expertise, i.e., preparation of TORs, identification of consultants, evaluation of experts, and review of consultants’/ experts’ reports;
- Assisting project formulation teams in meeting stringent submission deadlines, by mapping progress against agreed upon calendars;
- Supporting the identification of synergies and complementarity with other environmental and climate change funding (i.e., GCF, Adaptation Fund, etc) including identifying relevant initiatives and possibilities for replication and scale-up.
- Participating to regional and sub-regional events including MDT meetings.
- Assisting in processes related to inception, contracting and start-up of projects including establishment of indicators, benchmarks, work plans and inception workshops;
- Assist LTOs in providing technical oversight and guidance on activities carried out by projects, ensuring coherence with FAO’s CPF and strategic framework and if requested coordinate technical inputs from LTOs;
- Assist LTOs and country offices in completing the annual Project Implementation Review (PIR) reports, based on the six monthly project progress reports (PPR) and findings from supervision and technical backstopping missions;
- Supporting the preparation of management responses ensuing from evaluations and providing BH and LTOs oversight to their implementation;
- Supporting the preparation and delivery of relevant FAO-GEF programme and policy knowledge and learning events and products, targeted to FAO internal audiences and possibly externa stakeholders;
- Supporting the regional office lead in preparing Africa based regional and sub-regional GEF meetings;
- Responding to queries on project progress, impacts and lessons; and
- Supporting the preparation of regional reports and communication materials with respect to the FAO-GEF portfolio in RAF.
Assessment Of candidates Will Depend On The Following:
- Advanced university degree in natural resources management, climate change, biodiversity, geography, agronomy, forestry, or a related field
- Five years of relevant experience in designing and implementing GEF or LDCF/SCCF programmes and projects, in particular in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English. Working Knowledge of French (proficient – level C) would be an asset
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions in Africa is desirable
- Working experience in FAO, a highly valued asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Demonstrated coordination and management experience of a project or project portfolio.
New Career Opportunity At FAO – How To Apply
Closing Date: 7th July, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE