Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Do you have a proven experience in this field? Do you want to contribute to a committed group, seeking to have a positive and sustainable impact? Advans Ghana, a leading MFI, has the position you are looking for.
Advans Ghana has a New Employment Opportunity for an Auditor.
The position is a permanent role and is based in our Head Office- Accra.
What will your role be?
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Auditor will help Advans Ghana accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Also provide independent appraisal of all the activities and processes of Advans to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of underlying risk management and internal control systems.
Gets involved in every audit mission and is responsible for:
- Preparation stage: leads the risk identification, selection of audit works to be realized, and definition of the audit strategy.
- Field Works: Directly carries out some audit work during the field works stage of the mission, on more complex/technical issues.
- Finalization stage: reviews the works of the auditors, prepares the synthesis of the mission, lead the closing meeting, and drafts the audit mission report which will be reviewed by the Head of Department and group Audit.
- Prepares/stores the audit folder for each audit mission carried out making sure all the documents (audit evidence) collected during the mission are properly conserved.
- Issues relevant and adequate audit recommendations, analysis, and conclusions to contribute to the quality of operational processing and the reinforcement of Advans internal control and risk management system in all Advans activities/entities.
PLANNED AUDIT MISSIONS
- Participates to the audit recommendation follow up at less on a quarterly basis.
- Gets informed on a permanent basis of the news procedures in force in the different departments of the Institution; participates to the modification of the audit procedures accordingly.
- Directly carries out some audit works during the field works stage of the mission, in particular for complex / technical issues and/or when he/she is directly in charge of the mission (head of mission).
- Reviews the quality of the results and conclusions of the audit works performed by the audit team and makes sure audit procedures defined were properly implemented.
- Analyses the results of the audit assignment and concludes on the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control and risk management system applicable to the scope of the mission.
- Proposes relevant audit recommendations to correct deficiencies identified and/or improve the existing risk management and control system.
- Prepares timely audit mission reports and obtains management responses before submission to the direct supervisor of the auditee, general management, and the Audit Committee.
- Makes sure the audit folder of each audit mission is comprehensive and properly documented and stored in accordance with our audit standards.
AUDIT PLANNING AND FOLLOW UP ACTIVITIES
- On the missions s/he oversees, organizes, plans and allocates the audit works in an adapted way, per the time-budget and skills of each junior/confirmed auditors.
- In consultation with the Head, recommend appropriate training, guidance and coaching to the internal audit team in the conduct of their duties, during audit missions, in order to help them develop their skills and know-how.
- Provides informal feedback on the overall performance of internal auditors on audit assignments to the Head of Audit.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or ACCA/ICA Level II
- 3 years of professional experience in auditing or in a financial institution, working in Audit, Risk management or Internal control.
- Previous professional experience in a microfinance institution is a plus
How To Apply for The New Employment Opportunity at Advans Ghana
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE