There is a New Job Opportunity At Tony Blair Institute. The company is hiring a Life Sciences Project Manager. They are seeking a talented and dedicated individual to join our team in Ghana to provide project management coordination and strategic support to the Presidential Advisor on Health and other government counterparts for the effective delivery of these interdependent projects.
This is a one-year fixed term role with a potential to extend for a further year.
- Project Management & Coordination: Working to the President’s Advisor on Health, serve as the focal point in Ghana for coordination of the Real World Evidence (RWE) research project bringing on board the various stakeholders to ensure a cohesive programme delivery. This will include effective identification and management of inter dependencies, milestones, deliverables, issues, risks and ensuring successful project outcomes.
- Execution and Monitoring: Be proactive, responsive, and flexible to requests for help especially identifying bottlenecks to delivery and providing government, partners and TBI with options to overcome them. Lead in provision of briefing reports, infographics and power point presentations including on occasions presenting findings and recommendations to government counterparts.
- Focal point for genomic sequencing: Develop connections to design and implement the rollout of novel genomic sequencing technologies, in support of improved surveillance to guide better public health interventions against pathogens of concern. As part of this work to capture key laboratory and government requirements to ensure the continued fit of the sequencing technologies for user needs, and also to identify and capitalise on opportunities for interoperability and collaboration at national, regional, continent and global levels.
- Government Relations: Build and maintain strong trusted relationships with key stakeholders involved with the government’s vaccine delivery and manufacturing task force, establishment of a Ghana CDC, including Ministers, Senior Advisors, Director General’s, and Directors of the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Services Research Universities and the Food & Drugs Authority.
- People: Work with embedded TBI Advisors across government especially colleagues supporting the government’s health resilience effort, industrialisation, and digitalisation.
- External Relations (non-governmental): Engage with relevant external stakeholders such as consultants, international development agencies, Government/Ministries, and agencies. This will include support development of partnerships, identifying, and mobilizing technical and financial resources for the project.
- One TBI: The post holder will formally report into the Country Head Ghana with dotted line to the Deputy Global Director of Tech4Development , and form part of the wider country advisory project team which includes advisors supporting the government’s economic transformation, health resilience and tech for development.
We are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude, and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment. This is a role in a fast-paced team, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised. Therefore, the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- At least 7 years’ experience in government, government advisory, management consulting or other organisational leadership
- Strong project management skills, experience in implementing international development programmes.
- Relevant work experience in Ghana public and or pharmaceutical health is highly desirable.
- Evidence of strong relationship management, business acumen, going the extra mile and collaboration and organisational development.
- A strategic mindset and experience in adaptive management, PDIA etc
- An ability to deliver results in complex and challenging environments.
- An ability to operate and succeed in a highly political environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking, and communication skills, with an ability to develop and foster relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders.
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies to concrete and implementable plans; an acute attention to detail with excellent organisational skills.
How To Apply For The New Job Opportunity At Tony Blair Institute
Closing Date: Ongoing
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE