The position of project officer is currently available at PPAG.
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), is an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). PPAG, a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) education, information and services in Ghana,in close collaboration with OXFAM, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
- DIRECTLY REPORT TO: HEAD OF TAMALE OFFICE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Implementation: Supports the coordination and execution of project activities according to the project plan, ensuring adherence to timelines, budget, and quality standards.
- Monitoring and Evaluation focal point: With support from the M&E department, develop and implement project monitoring and evaluation schedules, including data collection, analysis, and reporting to measure project progress and outcomes. Plan, monitor and coordinate activities and projects at the project site
- Stakeholder Engagement: Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project partners, government agencies, community leaders, and other stakeholders to foster collaboration and ensure project objectives are met. Advocate support for programmes from opinion leaders and projects teams for effective implementation
- Capacity Building: Conduct capacity-building sessions and training workshops for project staff, volunteers, and community members to enhance their knowledge and skills in SRHR and related areas.
- Documentation and Reporting: Prepare project reports, case studies, success stories, and other relevant documentation to showcase project achievements and lessons learned.
- Advocacy and Networking: Represent PPAG and the project at relevant meetings, workshops, conferences, and fora, advocating for SRHR issues and establishing networks with key stakeholders.
- Research and Innovation: Stay updated on emerging trends, best practices, and innovative approaches in SRHR and related fields, applying relevant knowledge to enhance project effectiveness.
- Lead youth development activities: Supervise Youth Facilitators and Peer Educators for effective and efficient project implementation. Support the formation of volunteer branches in the area and build the capacities of both staff and volunteers to play their roles
- Organize effective and efficient outreach services and ensure timely submission of quality reports.
- Coordinate Digital Health intervention initiatives and marketing
- Document all project activities, lessons learnt, and best practices for compilation of all reports (Programme and Financial) Monthly, Quarterly, Half Year and Annual
- Initiate the development of innovative programmes and projects for proposal writing.
- Support resource mobilisation efforts of the association through partnership engagement, concept development, proposal writing and related activities
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor/SM
Read On: Job Opportunity At Barry Callebaut
Required Skills or Experience
- Have a first degree in the Sciences, Social Sciences/Psychology, Nursing or related fields with a minimum of five (2) years of relevant working experience in a similar position
The Person Must have
- Have a good and strong knowledge in the current Reproductive and Sexual Health and its related issues
- Be highly skilled in the use of the computer
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage staff
- Experience of working with the youth will be an advantage
- Have a high sense of responsibility, accuracy and judgmental
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Have the ability to work under pressure and for long hours
- Must be a team player and be able to take initiatives
- Must be Youth Friendly
How To Apply For The Project Officer Position at PPAG
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be shortlisted for an interview.
Closing Date: 18th August, 2023.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE