A Quality Assurance Officer is needed At KOA Impact Ghana Limited. They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Quality Assurance (QA) Officer to assist the QA Manager to establish, monitor and evaluate established quality requirements towards the realization of the department’s targets and the company’s overall quality goals. The suitable candidate is expected to have a good understanding and working knowledge of good laboratory practices and GMPs in a food processing environment.
Success in this role requires maintaining accurate records, providing valuable inputs and analytical thinking to help improve existing processes, coaching skills and firmness. The Individual must have excellent planning, coordination, multi-tasking, problem-solving abilities and teamwork in executing their duties to enhance the productivity of the company and achieve a common organizational target.
Contribute towards the achievement of overall company quality goals and objectives of defining, establishing, implementing, maintaining and continuous improvement of quality processes to reduce product defects and meet customer and regulatory requirement.
Liaise with line manager in implementation of quality standards, requirements and best practices by:
- Supervision of production activities and processes in ensuring conformance to set requirements.
- Plan activities of the laboratory and work schedule of lab officers in consultation with the QA Manager
- Ensure sampling and analysis of products and raw materials according to defined sampling plan SOPs for physicochemical and microbiological assessment
- Carry out sensory evaluation of in-process and finished products for further processing and release for export respectively.
- Supervises departmental activities in the absence of the QA Manager.
- Advice QA Manager on issues of GLPs and GMPs.
- Prepare and maintain records of laboratory activities
- Assist QA Manager to review and verify results for validity and accuracy.
- Generally responsible for effective functioning of laboratory equipment through constant monitoring.
- Ensure all measuring instruments have an up-to-date calibration status
- Manage laboratory inventory and advice QA Manager towards the timely request of laboratory consumables and PPEs
- Perform periodic inspections of the production facility and environment
- Liaise with the Quality Manager in drafting procedures, work instructions, plans and management of documentation requirements
- Assist QA Manager with regulatory activities
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/Technology or related technical field
- Minimum of 2 years of food industry QA/QC experience, production operations or regulatory responsibilities
- Ability to provide input into improving systems and processes
- Must have a working knowledge of QA programs in the food industry
- Basic knowledge of hazard analysis, risk assessments and system/process applications
- Good problem-solving and corrective
- Ability to create and maintain an efficient, hygienic, and positive working environment
- Professional knowledge in food processing, quality, and safety
- Professional knowledge of occupational Health and Safety
- Good command over Microsoft Office, data analysis tools
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Good communication skills and team player
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Multitasking skills
Check Also; KPMG Graduate Recruitment Program June 2022
Closing Date: 27th June, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE