Newmont has a job vacancy for the position of Senior Drill Services Supervisor.
About This Role:
- The monitoring of and provision of advice to the Drill Services Manager and Exploration Leads (“Management”) regarding drill and drilling-related contract performances.
- The tracking, analysis and optimization of the drilling program’s drill costs, and alignment of drill programs to the Newmont Global Drill Standards in view.
- The provision of expert-level safety and production oversight of drilling activities and the training of junior-level employees in safe and optimized drilling practices.
In This Role You Will:
- Assist the Exploration Drill Services Manager with the annual, quarterly and any scheduled audits of all drilling rigs, auxiliary and support equipment prior to its arrival on site to ensure compliance with the Drill Standard.
- Use advance level knowledge to conduct Critical Control Verifications, Pre-Start meeting coaching, and Planned Task Observation on drilling operations in line with the expectations of Supervisors.
- Participate in and lead when nominated, all drill-related events investigations and audit Business Partner operating protocols to align with the Newmont Global Drilling standards in collaboration with the Exploration Drill Services Manager.
- Mentor geologists, junior employees and new hires in the presentation of safety material at weekly drilling Business Partner toolbox meetings. Lead discussion where appropriate.
- Lead quarterly Supplier Relationship Management and Performance meetings and Drill Business Partner monthly.
- Contract Review Meetings: Present observed safety and productivity trends, provide commentary and lead the search for contractual resolution. Advise Management on contract performance.
- Provide mentorship to Geology, Drill Services Global Exploration Database (GED) and Field teams regarding all aspects of drill program design and management.
- Assist in the organization of annual Safety Start-ups and support immensely, Exploration Drill safety training and initiatives such as the Drill Virtual Reality, Drill Fatality Risk Management (FRM) and Live Work Elimination program in conjunction with the responsible functional/project Managers or Superintendents.
- Organize and lead quarterly and routine all cross-functional engagement with all stakeholders to communicate plans and request support for all regional drilling plans across the Business.
- Promote and maintain an environment that supports diversity and inclusion and empowers speaking up among teams.
See Also: MTN Invites Job Applications
Your Training, Skills, And Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor of Science/High National Diploma/NVQ Level 6/ADIA Certificate-4 in Geosciences, Survey, Mineral Drilling, or related fields.
- Mincom Certification of Inspection Engineer/Drill Supervisor.
- The ability to drive a culture of inclusion, diversity, collaboration, and innovation.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong mentorship ability.
- Prior experience in budget construction and delivering to budget.
- Experience with regional and/or near-mine exploration activities.
- A minimum of 10 years in the mineral exploration drilling industry with a combined underground and surface experience in a Supervisory role.
- Experience using scheduling software (e.g., Microsoft Project or similar) and databases with large data handling experience.
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid manual C-class license and 4WD capable.
How To Submit An Application For Senior Drill Services Supervisor (Newmont)
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE