UMA is seeking to employ a qualified, experienced, and motivated store officer to join our supply chain and logistics team. This is an Obuasi-based fixed-term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes an attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Position Summary: Store Officer
Reporting to the Senior Store Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining inventories, ordering new items, placing products on shelves, pulling out expired items, keeping records of transferred merchandise, and keeping stores policies and procedures updated on an ongoing basis.
Read on:Job Vacancy At Gold Fields Ghana
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check off shipments from shipping reports.
- Attend pre-shift briefing and daily safety meetings.
- Check off local orders against delivery dockets.
- Label items with stock codes and descriptions during the receipting process / binning of stock
- Serve customers at the Warehouse counter, laydown Yards and surrounding containers.
- Undertake weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly stock and/or counts.
- Undertake housekeeping at Receival Bay, Warehouse and Laydown Yards
- Cover the counter while the Counter Store Person is at lunch.
- Complete Stop Work In Control (SWIC) Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and/or Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) before starting new activities or working in a new work area as required.
Required Skills or Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) from a recognized university
- A minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a similar role, preferably in a gold mining environment.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, & Outlook.
- Strong knowledge and experienced in use of Pronto MMS particularly Warehousing functions.
- Must have knowledge in handling dangerous goods, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) or Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Documents
- Must be able to operate forklift using Integrated Tool (IT) and Manitou.
- Must be experienced in loading and unloading deliveries including containers, pallets, drums, and ground support.
How To Apply For The Store Officer Position at Underground Mining Alliance Ltd.
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com with the Job Position as the Subject Matter before or on 13th October 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, and all applications should be sent via the above stated e-mail address. Hand delivered applications will not be considered.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE