Hey there! Congratulations on being accepted to study in Canada; your goal is becoming closer to reality.
The next step is to submit an application for a Canada study visa. It is important to submit a good, well-organized, and well-prepared study permit application.
You can refer to our earlier article if you want to travel to Canada to study with your family. This article will explain how to complete a self-directed online application for a study visa in Canada.
First and foremost, you must determine whether a study permit is required.
The study permit is a document issued by the IRCC that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply. You should apply before you travel to Canada.
A study permit is not a visa. It doesn’t let you enter Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If your study permit is approved, one will be issued to you.
A study permit is required for study programmes lasting more than six months. Find out quickly if you need study permission here.
Certainly, you will need a study permit.
Documents Required For Canada Study Permit Application
The following are the documents required for a Canada student study permit application:
- proof of acceptance
- proof of financial support
- a letter of explanation/Study Plan
- proof of identity(Passport)
- digital photograph
When applying for a Canadian study permit, three factors must be considered. You can learn more about them by clicking here.
The success of your application will be determined by the quality of your documents and how they are presented to demonstrate that you meet IRCC study visa requirements. You need to justify:
- Why your program is important and of value to you?
- How will you fund your studies in Canada?
- Do you have strong or compelling ties outside of Canada?
Step-by-Step Guide for Applying for a Canada Study Visa
- Create an account on IRCC, the government of Canada’s official website for online visa applications.
- To begin using your application, you must first create a GCKey user ID and password.
- Now, log in to your GCKey account and start your application.
- You should see a landing page once you’ve logged into your account. Look for the “Apply to Come to Canada” link.
- Your final visa application portal should be up and you will be able to see the list of application forms and other relevant documents if you follow the proper procedures and provide accurate answers to the pertinent questionnaires. These documents have been customised for you depending on the responses you gave.
- The list of documents is customised for you based on the answers you provided on the application questionnaire, so it’s crucial to keep in mind that it is not a general list of documents for everyone. However, there are some standard documents that you will require.
7. Fill out the application for a study permit and upload the required documents.
Common documents include the following:
- Forms for Applications
- Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada(IMM 1294)
- Form for Family Information (IMM 5707 or 5645)
- Schedule 1: Temporary Resident Visa Application from Outside of Canada (Optional but Recommended)
Additional documents include:
- Letter of acceptance
- Proof of Means of Financial Support
- digital photo
- International passport (passport)
- Request for Medical Exam (or Documentation of Upfront Medical Exam)
- Information about the client (a letter of justification or a statement of purpose)
The Application Forms
- Give the forms your best effort in terms of accuracy.
- Never give out misleading information.
- Don’t hold back important information.
- You can sign the forms online by writing your name and/or the date in the appropriate fields.
- Before saving and submitting the forms back to the placeholder for your document, validate the forms.
- Despite its designation as optional, the Schedule 1 (Application for a Temporary Resident Visa) form is crucial. Complete that and send it in as well.
- List your siblings and other necessary family members on the Family Information Form, even if you don’t currently get along with them.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE