Underground Mining Alliance Ltd., is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of a heavy-duty fitter. These are Obuasi-based Fixed Term Contract position with a competitive work roster at its operation in Obuasi.
The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidate.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
- Workshop duties servicing of large fleet of underground mining
- Attend breakdowns of machines in various locations underground and surface.
- Inspecting trucks, Bogger, IT, Jumbo, Sandvik production drills, Normet charmec, Agi Truck and Spraymec machines so they maintain proper performance.
- Diagnosing mechanical and hydraulic faults using schematics, manuals, and electronic testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment so they perform at optimum level, diagnosing and replacing components that have faults.
- Repairing and rebuilding of worn and damaged equipment components.
- Maintaining equipment by conducting routine daily and time-based services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Inspect machinery and organize parts required to perform repairs to machinery before they develop and fail.
- Performing major component change outs and repairs to buckets, engines, transmissions, drivelines when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics to share knowledge and experience to help all with completing repairs correctly.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment and items needed for repair to supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of 3 (Three) years’ preferably Underground experience in Hard Rock mining in a mechanized mine operating Underground Haulage equipment.
- NVTI Part III / diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- MINCOM Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Fitter will be an added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic in a mining environment.
- Experience with Sandvik LH517I, LH621, LH517 and LH514 Boggers in tele-remote bogging in underground mining industry is an added advantage.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to work on shift rotation;
- Basic understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Able to demonstrate an appropriate safety consciousness
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and mining/construction equipment.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
How To Apply For The Heavy Duty Fitter Position At Underground Mining Alliance Ltd.
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position as the Subject Matter before or on 20th October 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, and all applications should be sent via the above stated e-mail address.
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE