There is a new position for a Medical Laboratory Technician at Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited.
- Department: Health, Safety and Environment
- Job reports to: Site Medical Doctor
- Direct Reports: None
The incumbent will perform routine medical laboratory tests for disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. In charge of running the Mine Clinic’s Laboratory.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform technical laboratory functions using automated equipment and computerized lab instruments to perform several tests simultaneously including chemistry, haematology, urinalysis, and immunology.
- Log and report test results following clinic protocols alerting physicians and/or nurses about abnormal results.
- Discuss results and findings of laboratory tests and procedures with the physician.
- Record data from medical tests and enter results into a patient’s medical record.
- Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate equipment, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Prepare laboratory reagents and standard solutions for tests.
- Develop standard operating procedures and determine correct reference ranges for tests.
- Comply with all laboratory policies and regulations related to safety, cleanliness, and infection control.
- Perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Company as assigned by the Supervisor.
Medical Laboratory Technician: Required Skills or Experience
|Minimum qualification (s)||
|Leadership and behavioural attributes||
|Special conditions or requirements of the Job (Please list items such as overtime required, shift work required, appointments, legal requirements, etc. in this space)||
How To Apply For The Medical Laboratory Technician at Cardinal Namdini Mining
|Application Process||When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
|Closing Date||25th October, 2023|
|Note||Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted|
|Disclaimer||CNML is an equal-opportunities employer and does not ask for money transfers (payments or considerations) from job applicants during ANY stage of the recruitment process. Any applicant/ job-seeker who pays any money/consideration to any person (within or outside CNML) with an expectation or a promise of getting / offering a job does so at his/her own risk.|