The services of a Specialist (Employee Relations) is wanted at Standard Chartered Bank.
- Responsible for shaping Country behaviours and culture through protecting the Bank against employee-related risk. The role holder will lead the Country Employee Relations (ER)teams, ensuring that the relationship between the Bank and its employees is managed appropriately within the Group ER framework and is underpinned by clear procedures, policies and relevant employment law. The role holder will provide country leadership regarding the ER e.g. Disciplinary , Grievance, Performance, Redundancy, Union and Offboarding Management and will effectively manage key external stakeholder relationships with employee representative bodies, legal firms and local labour ministries.
Effectively manage key stakeholder relationships.
- Build external networks (e.g. ER Forums, Employee Associations, etc) and remain up to date with ER and legislative change/developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
- Build internal networks with HRBPs and business stakeholders where required.
- Collaborate with HR Legal and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country
- Collaborate with Labour consultants re development and application of government policy.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Jumia Group Opens New Job Application
- International Potato Center (CIP) Latest Job Opportunity
- Tony Blair Institute for Global Change May 2022 Vacancies
- End to End Case Management of Grievance Cases
- Work with business and country/regional ER Head to agree the Grievance representative/s to investigate and hear the Grievance.
- Make arrangements for Grievance Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of complaint.
- Conduct the Grievance hearing or support the Grievance representative to conduct the Grievance hearing as the case may be.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent resolution/conclusion which minimizes the risk to the Bank.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation and conclusion of Grievance.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings including any disciplinary actions recommended
- End to End Case Management of Complex Disciplinary Cases
- Level of Involvement and support with the Investigations phase based on case nature and complexity.
- Conduct due fact finding and investigatory interviews including preparation of witness statements and investigation report.
- Make arrangements for the Disciplinary Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of disciplinary case and provision of evidence.
- Conduct of the Disciplinary hearing through supporting the hearing manager as required.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent conclusion which minimizes the risk to the Bank.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings and any relevant information, including any recommendations.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation of the hearing and conclusion of disciplinary hearing and/or appeal.
- Update HRBP and/or PRC team in case of a disciplinary action so that it could be highlighted for any potential P3 impact.
- Management of Restructure and Redundancies: Supporting the Business and HR stakeholders in the execution of Restructures and Redundancies.
- Management of challenging Poor Performance cases: Supporting PLs in managing challenging poor performance cases.
- Management of Mutual Separation Agreements: Supporting Business and HR stakeholders in the management of MSAs
- Communication and coordination with Unions and Labor consultants.
Work closely with the West Africa ER head to :
- Build external networks and remain up to date with legislative change / developments, maintaining and successfully demonstrating expertise within the field of ER.
- Collaborate with country HR L&C and / or external legal firms for advice and interpretation of local laws, regulations, ER policies, procedures and cases in country.
- Maintain effective communication with local labor ministries on ER matters and HR related policies and procedures.
People and Talent
- Support in capability building of HR Business Partners and People Leaders
Defining and managing employee related risk across the region
- Identify, assess and monitor country ER process risks in line with overall operational risk management framework, creating and implementing suitable actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Anticipate and minimize employee related risks by developing an understanding of employee trends and current employment and discrimination law in local and international jurisdictions.
- Effective management of relevant Group policy and process dispensations across the country .
- Effective resolution of sensitive / complex disciplinary and grievance cases in the region that pose a risk to the Bank.
- Provision of ER governance in order to facilitate positive employment relationships which reflect the Bank’s values and support behaviours which are Here for Good and consistent with the Code of Conduct.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the ER to achieve the outcomes set out in the Company’s Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience as a qualified employment lawyer or ER specialist.
- An understanding and appreciation of local legislative and regulatory policies.
- Strong networking skills and a proven track record of influencing at an organizational level.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a keen commercial awareness.
- Degree in a HR
- Post-graduate qualification in a business or related disciple (e.g. MA, PhD, CIPD).
- Professional legal background.
- A mixture of both ER specialist and HRBP experience.
- Experience of designing and delivering organizational development interventions.
How To Apply – Specialist (Employee Relations) at Standard Chartered Bank
Closing Date: 19th May, 2022
Job & Scholarship Alert
Get daily Job and Scholarship updates on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link above.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE